Kadang-kadang kita sedikit bingung dengan penggunaan kata "Amount" dan "Number". Sepintas lalu keduanya mempunyai arti yang mirip. Pada dasarnya kedua kata tersebut berbeda. Perhatikan penjelasan di bawah ini:
- AMOUNT Digunakan Dengan Uncountable Nouns
- We didn't expect the bill to come to this amount of money.
- Foods with a traditionally healthy appeal have up to twice the amount of sugar in them compared to 30 years ago.
- She borrowed a large amount of money.
- NUMBER Digunakan Dengan Countable Nouns
- The number of U.S. residents with Alzheimer's disease is increasing annually, putting more pressure on the health care system.
- The highest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) of Shuya, Russia.